http://daysinthelifeofafiftysomething.blogspot.com/

Monday, June 13, 2011

MONDAYS

Monday means cleaning day. I am getting more like my mum than I ever thought I would.

Cleaning routine always the same but when I searched the cupboard for bicarb of soda to clean my pots and taps I realised I might actually be turning into her. This was my mum's favoured cleaning agent, way before it become the "green option". So this is a case of your mother always being right! Maybe I should have listened a little harder to what she was telling me!

My pots and taps were shining. All it took was a little bicarb if soda mixed with a squeeze of lemon juice. I worked it into the pots wiped off and buffed up with a cloth.. Hey presto my taps were gleaming, stains had magically disappeared from pots.

This is the way to go. Also great for getting stains off cups. I drink tea without milk which leave my cups with horrible brown stains, again the bicarb removes them easily and safely without the need for chemicals.

Seems strange that for years this was the way people cleaned and then we came up with all sorts of expensive and dangerous chemicals, Why? Because it was faster, or easier? I don't know, but I know in this case I'm going back to the old way of cleaning. It is also great for getting smells out of the fridge. Just put an open box in the fridge and it will absorb all nasty smells.

So no longer is the bicarbonate of soda a staple of the baking shelf, it now also sits under the sink ready to shine up my pots and pans.

3 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this blog.I appreciate all input.