http://daysinthelifeofafiftysomething.blogspot.com/

Thursday, May 5, 2011

A FAMILY BREAK


I am about to embark upon a week long holiday with my older daughter and family. There will be a 17 year old, Robbie, a 2 year old, Archie, and my baby granddaughter Daisy May, the newest edition to the clan.

I'm looking forward, probably optimistically, to a week of family fun. Dinners around the table, fun in the pool, games in the evening, snuggling up with books and magazine and with snuggling into babies in my bed.

In reality I'm sure it will be a week of total chaos, but oh so much fun. More bouncing than snuggling in the bed! Everyone helping out with meals, even Archie likes to join in there. There will no doubt be 2 year old tantrums, and teething troubles with the baby. A moody teenager? Maybe a few golf games with granddad will drag him away from computers and games.

But one thing for sure is we will all be together and enjoy it. Living 400miles away I don't see enough of them. I want to give mum a break and do a bit of spoiling for the week. Little treats and lots of hugs and cuddles, even for the 17 year old, although he does protest a little! What more could you want?

I may need a few days to put my life back together on my return, but I will have spent time getting to know the children, marvelling at how quickly they grow up, and of course what gaga, yes that's what they call me, wouldn't gloat over how smart and clever her grandchildren are, LOL.

So packing done excitement growing, and a long drive ahead, but at the end of it a week of family fun.

But just before we all meet up, a scheduled, and very welcome stop with my younger daughter and her husband, for a night in Glasgow. An altogether more grown up meeting. Some great shopping in the day and a delicious Tapas Bar, Cafe Andaluz, booked for the evening. An ideal way to start the holiday.

I love how as the girls have grown, so too has our relationships. Two very different children, both with very different lives, but thankfully both happily married and happy with their lives. I am happiest when I know they are happy. I know they have to work hard and things don't always go according to plans, but they find their way and deal with what life throws at them.

So here's to a great week. It would be nice if the sun could shine for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this blog.I appreciate all input.