http://daysinthelifeofafiftysomething.blogspot.com/

Thursday, March 18, 2010

THE TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGING


Today made me realise that suddenly I prefer to be referred to as "having a blonde moment" as the alternative now seems to be as "having a senior moment". How times change. Not too long ago I would have thrown my hands up in horror at such a slight, now, well, times they are are changing.

What brought me to this realisation? Quite simply I tried to pack, the charity box at my local Tesco Store with my shopping. Please understand I was sans spectacles, I am hanging on to the readers, but for how much longer, I wonder. Fortunately it was chained to the counter. The rattle of chains should have alerted me!!!!!!

A friendly smiling lady of similar age nodded in sympathy. I laughed, said something about hormones and fled to the street. It did make me laugh though.

A couple of texts to my daughters brought replies from one saying her one year old regularly does this and accuses me of teaching him the habit! The other tells me it's almost time for the Greyhound bus. For anyone who isn't familiar with this, it is rumoured that in USA old people are turning up in places without ID and without any idea of where they've come from or of indeed who they are, via the Greyhound Bus. Apparently when families have nowhere to turn, and no money for care for aging relatives, this is the option they are turning to. Not sure this isn't an urban myth, and I think I am some way away from being at that stage, but to be on the safe side I am seriously considering having my name and address tattooed somewhere on my body!

With the arrival of Spring, the appearance of the Spring flowers, there really is nothing to worry about. Life is good, whatever your age.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on this blog.I appreciate all input.